Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Topless Beach??

Today, I thought it would be a great idea to take my siesta at the beach. There aren't that many people there and it was so pretty outside. The weather was in the high 70s and sunny! Perfect tanning weather. I get to the beach right after my class ended at 11:30 and laid down in the sand. (SIDE NOTE: this is not a real beach. I'm pretty sure the Spaniards just threw some sand on the side of a river. Not to mention everyone in Spain smokes so there are cigarette butts in the sand, but it's the closest I can get to a real beach.) Sarah, Baxter and I were all asleep when suddenly a woman walked up and started poking me. She bending over me and saying something in rapid spanish while picking up her papers that seemed to have blown away and stuck in my sunscreen. No big deal. Until I realize she's completely topless. I was so shocked I just mumbled "lo siento" and stared at her. Lesson learned: spanish women sunbathe topless on the beach and then come and chat with you. Realize they are topless before you let this surprise you.

3 comments: